Hi friends, this is a non-image post! Hope everyone had a great holiday period, celebrating Christmas, another festival, or just enjoying the cold weather and hot drinks… Today I just wanted to note down my thoughts on 2016 and set my main intentions/priorities for the new year. To all who visit my blog, thank you very much and have a Happy New Year!
- Improved in art – I think – learned a bunch of stuff about perspective (but need to implement this more within my work), I still have to keep pushing myself. I lost some momentum recently, initially I may have put too much pressure on myself to improve. I started keeping a time sheet since August to note down how much drawing I’ve been doing and what kind of drawing I did. Since August there have been 3 days where I haven’t drawn. I think I need to increase the amount of time I spend drawing, and try and aim towards spending more time working on fundamentals. Ideally, I’d love to have a mentor… I know there are friends and people online that I can ask. I should do that!
- Made 2 batches of soap
- Made 1 batch of body butter/moisturiser
- Learned to knit and made many hats, scarves and shawls, mainly as gifts
- Learned 3D modelling in Blender, and then quickly learned 3D modelling (and other bits like skinning and animating) in 3DS Max as it was required by my job
- Started to reboot my etsy shop – still a work in progress!
- Redid my portfolio – also a work in progress, I need to create some more specific and relevant pieces but it’s a lot better than it was!
- Art – Continue to draw every day, BUT also try where possible (not when exhausted from work etc.) to study something every time that I have a drawing session – e.g. noses, a type of animal, a material. Share with peers, ask advice, give other people feedback.
- Portfolio – work on specific projects to bolster my portfolio
- 3D – Learn zbrush and get to a level where I’m more comfortable in using it
- Japanese – catch up on my wanikani reviews and keep up
- Shop – continue to reboot my shop
- Knitting – Continue to progress and do so with a laid back, low pressure attitude.