Hi all, hope everyone is having a great festive period, whatever celebrations it might entail.
I’m just taking a little time to do an ultra quick review & set a few art goals for 2018.
- My digital painting skills improved a lot; as did my understanding of things like values, how to use colour, general technical abilities/knowledge within Photoshop
- I learned more about the requirements for being a concept artist in terms of skill and also how to approach and structure projects – thanks to the mentorship and also feedback I got from IW
- I vastly improved my etsy shop but it still has a long way to go
- I got a basic understanding of zbrush which I need to build on in the next year
- I started a commission that was out of my comfort zone (still working on it, deadline is around new year ish) but still achievable
- I completed some portfolio projects
- I drew pretty much every day in some shape or form
- I want to finish my current portfolio WIP – a character design – female
- I want to complete a male character design and a creature design project
- I hope to do one or more courses either through Schoolism, Skillshare, Lynda (3D tutorials here), AJ’s mentorship again or some other platform
- I am working on rebuilding my sketching confidence in traditional media and I want to continue to do this – this ties in with the sketching every day mentioned above
- I would like to further diversify my work (within the loose bounds of concept art) – for example to design some weapons, maybe some form of vehicle (not necessarily sci fi but could be a fantasy vehicle which would be cool), different types of people and so on
I also want to be more focused and determined but since that’s not as tangible a goal as the above I’m not including it in that list, more keeping it in mind when I can. Non art related, personal and craft related goals of mine include setting up an occasional art/craft night, buying less plastic-bottled drinks and eating a bit more fruit and veg (not surprising to be featured in resolutions).
This is all I can think of at the moment but I think I’ll probably come back and add more to 2018!
Have a happy new year all, let me know your resolutions or share your blog posts here if you like 🙂